Alexey K

Log 1
Alexey

Keelan and I made a CAD model of the climber
We picked a Mini CIM and a BaneBots P80S 64:1 gearbox
The drum is still a possibility, will require more CAD
Still experimenting on the lengths of the current design

Alexey K

Here is the CAD for the climber, includes Mini CIM and gearbox.

Alexey K

The CAD file was missing the files of the Parts, I will upload them on this thread.
The Mini CIM with the Gearbox will take up an are of 7" x 2.5" x 2.5"
The rotating drum will have to be outside of the robot, as to catch the rope, and has a radius of 2.5"
The drum also has "V"-shaped hooks to help catch the rope, which stick out 2.33"

Keelan B

The moter, gear box and somewhat updated type of climbers

Anthony W

Conceptualized the specifics of the climber, and we decided on the gearbox, motor, hubs, bearings to be used, but the details of the U-shaped piece to support the shaft still need to be hashed out because there needs to be enough space for the rope to collect as the robot climbs and also the cross bracing for the motors.

Ed B

I downloaded the CAD for the field and started looking at the small details of the davit and the sensor plate. The sensor plate assembly looks pretty solid, so it we stalled our climber motor pushing on it, we probably would not break it. One thing I noticed, though, is that the bottom of the davit is flush with the undepressed sensor plate. See the screenshot attached; the davit stuff is in blue. Note the U shaped part surrounding the rope and where it ends. If, at the end of our climb, we stop against the bottom of the davit and that is what causes our final current spike that stops our climb, we might not depress the sensor plate adequately.  If the robot is tilted as it climbs, it is likely that we will hit the sensor plate soon enough to avoid this problem, but we need to check this carefully and figure out if we need to add something that is specifically designed to push the sensor plate before we reach our physical end of travel.