• Welcome to Redshift Project Depot.

Preferences for District Events

Started by Louis L, September 16, 2017, 07:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis L

Event selection dates are coming fast so lets see if anyone has an opinion on which venues to select.

(1) First, if you don't already know, there's a new system in place this year. You need to read this blog from Frank:

https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/frc/blog/preference-system-for-event-registration

Also this is a followup Q&A:

https://www.firstinspires.org/sites/default/files/uploadedImages/Robotics_Programs/FRC/2018-Event-Registration-FAQ-090117.pdf

(2) Here's the list of NE events. There are 11 events (only 1 on week 5)

Week 1 - Salem High School, Salem NH
Week 1 - WPI
Week 2 - Wilby HS, Waterbury CT
Week 2 - Bridgewater-Raynham HS, Bridgewater MA
Week 3 - Reading HS, Reading MA
Week 3 - Fairfield University, Fairfield CT
Week 4 - Bryant University, Smithfield RI
Week 4 - Androscoggin Bank Colisee, Lewiston ME
Week 5 - UNH, Durham NH
Week 6 - Hartford HS, Hartford CT
Week 6 - Revere HS, Revere MA

Please reply to this topic if you have a preference. Tell us why as well.

Aliza M

Well, I'm sure we are doing the one at WPI in week one since we have done that in the previous years so probably choose that as the first competition and maybe the Bryant University for week four. I don't really have any specific preferences but those two seem ideal.

Shreya C

Ah... I disagree :P I don't think we should assume that because we've been to WPI every previous year, it's an assumption that we should go again this year. From a scheduling point of view, I think it makes more sense to go for a week 2 event (Bridgewater), so we have time to finalize our image, presentations, etc. But the benefit to Week 1 is that teams aren't all that great, so perhaps we have a better chance of advancing further... not that many of them would be any better in Week 2 either!

I think that we should do as our second event either Week 4 (Bryant University) or Week 5 (UNH). Leaning towards Week 4—just not sure if that gives us enough time to make fixes necessary. Week 5, is, however, a further drive, I think.

Just my two cents :)

Louis L

Just to close the loop.

- Our first event is WPI (week 1)
- Our second event is RIDE (week 4)