• Welcome to Redshift Project Depot.

The Tablet Side

Started by Lucas V, January 16, 2016, 11:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas V

The Tablet Side consists of a Java app written for Android, which will contain the scouting form(s) and make a string out of the user's input, and a third-party QR Code Generator app. Six Amazon Fire tablets will run the Java app and the third-party app.

Lucas V

Due to the change of plans:

• No 3rd party QR Code Generator
Files will be saved to a USB stick.

Lucas V

This is a User Journey of the Tablet Side app. It mapps out all of the possible screens, states and conditions of the app and what it does at according to a certain intention of the user.
In order to read this map:

• Circles stand for user intentions
  • Squares stand for a screen/window/dialog/popup (except for "YES" or "NO")
  • Diamonds stand for a condition
  • Follow the paths to see what happens at any point in the application (where it goes, what is checks for, what it does)

If you see a hole or anything that should be changed/added, please tell me!

Following completition of this mapping we can move on to wireframes (rough screen sketches) of the different forms. Then it's coding.

Lucas V

Veronica agreed to draw wireframes for the Tablet Side. I'll be meeting up with her sometime this week to explain everything she needs to know, and she'll probably have it ready for next week. As soon as she has it I'll start coding the app (I should be done in one or two days) and as soon as I have a fully working prototype, Megan can start developing a team.