Author Topic: C++ Progress Report  (Read 839 times)

Kyle Sa

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
C++ Progress Report
« on: January 17, 2018, 07:18:28 AM »
1/16/18-
The C++ code from last year had been retyped a few days prior, and on this day we translated some of the old Talon functions into the new ones. We also used RobotBuilder to make the base robot (drive only) with a drive command. The DriveTrain subsystem still needs methods to be created, and the drive command needs to be filled in. After that, everything needs to be tested.

Kyle Sa

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: C++ Progress Report
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 07:19:33 AM »
1/17/18-
I added a few methods to the DriveTrain subsystem, for use in the commands. Before testing can start, a few more methods will need to be created, and the actual command that uses these made as well.

Benjamin K

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Re: C++ Progress Report
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:16:57 AM »
What we have been doing over the past few days is basically fixing bugs so we can try to deploy the program.  On Friday I noticed that we had not built the program yet so we built it and a boatload of errors got spit out at me.  Over the next few days I was fixing those errors (to moderate and good success) and now there are only a few errors left. However, even when we fix these errors I highly doubt that the code will make the swerve work correctly.  The reason for this is because a lot of the code is basically copied over from the Java code and then C++ifyed.  So what we will need to do over the next few days is finish fixing all the errors, we need to try to deploy the code and see what works and what else we need to add to make it work.

Kyle Sa

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: C++ Progress Report
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 08:52:39 PM »
1/24/18-
We fixed some of the bugs from the previous updates. There’s only a few more left, and we should be able to test the Swerve code pretty soon.

Kyle Sa

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: C++ Progress Report
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 09:01:20 PM »
1/25/18-
All of the compilation errors for the Swerve drive have been fixed. There is, however, an Eclipse error that doesn’t show up when compiling; only in the file open in Eclipse. It is at the bottom of robot.cpp, for START_ROBOT_CLASS (See the GitHub commit for details on this). Everything else is done, and should be ready for testing on the robot, once this is fixed.

Benjamin K

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Re: C++ Progress Report
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 08:51:19 PM »
1/26/18

The Directional movement on the swerve code now works! What we did today is we deployed the code and the wheels were moving but not working.  To fix this we had to do a few things.  First we had to inverse the Y direction so the wheels were turning and moving in the correct way which solved that problem. However after that we needed to make it so the wheels always start in the same direction (forward).  I did this and then now the directional movement is working however the steer motors are not working yet.  This should be fixed by tomorrow.

Benjamin K

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Re: C++ Progress Report
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 03:49:31 PM »
1/28/18-

SWERVE CODE IS DONE!!!! Well mostly, we still do not have fieldcentric (at least I think we do not Ishita was working on that on Saturday).  This was 3 long days of debugging and now it is done.  I do not know what else to put here so I'm going to stop.

Ishita G

  • Guest
Re: C++ Progress Report
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 03:30:38 PM »
1/29/18-
Swerve drive code and the code for changing the mode from Field Centric to Talon Centric have been merged, and tested. The whole thing has been committed to master, so the latest commit in master is working. 

Kyle Sa

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: C++ Progress Report
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 07:53:00 AM »
1/30/18-
We finished making the subsystems and commands in RobotBuilder, and are mostly finished with the swerve encoders (the commands are written).

Kyle Sa

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: C++ Progress Report
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 05:03:21 PM »
2/3/18-
  • Found an error with the front-right wheel encoder (another part of the code was using the analogInput required by it.
  • Discovered an error with the Rio; not sure on the specifics, but it happens between Java and C++. It causes some of the wheels to reset at 90 upon reenabling if they were set at that position before.
  • Created most of the intake commands/methods; still need to be tested.
  • Swapped the motors for intake deploy and climber.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:11:31 PM by Kyle Sa »

Kyle Sa

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: C++ Progress Report
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 02:36:50 PM »
As of today, everyone will be working on Java, so until that's finished and C++ can be worked on (after WPI, most likely), nothing will be happening with C++.