• Welcome to Redshift Project Depot.

Milestones and Deadlines

Started by Matt B, January 23, 2016, 11:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt B

Jan 24; Climber Algorithm
Jan 25; Determine whether existing tools are adequate for camera alignment.
Jan 26; Test bed Delivery
Jan 27; Drive train tested against test bed

Rakesh V

This is the algorithm I have come up with for the climber.  I was wondering whether there would be a way for us to find out whether we hooked onto the rung or if the driver just has to do it him/herself. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t04RtRB2hJE9oSHqm8llDHC64vV6yTdDJt45C3s3RXU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Louis L

Regarding the algorithm - questions / thoughts:

• When do we stop winching? What tells the motor to stop?
  • What happens to the climber (scissor lift) as the winch is operating? As we go up, the scissor lift is going to want to fold. Will the lift system allow for this?

Louis L

SW groups:

With the drivetrain almost in our rear-view mirror, I want to set our next milestone. To do that requires that we make a few assumptions. In doing so, keep in mind that these assumptions are subject to change and we may have to re-visit our code to fix things.

* The Game Strategy team should meet real soon to help clarify assumptions (see below)

Let's try and have milestones run in parallel. This will push our groups but let's aim high!

* Milestone 2: the climber
Assumptions: the user interface for both manual and auto-climb, the type of controller, the type of sensors)
Prerequisite for coding: define hardware interface (which motor, controller, sensors, etc)
Deadline for code completion: Wed Fec 3
Prerequisite for testing: Testbed with necessary hardware
Parallel work: clarify above assumptions

Lets define what Ball Handling means. To me it means 3 possible functions: fetching it, keeping it, shooting to low goal.

* Milestone 3: ball handling
Assumptions: the user interface, the type of controller, the type of sensors)
Prerequisite for coding: define hardware interface (which motor, controller, sensors, etc)
Deadline for code completion: Wed Feb 3
Prerequisite for testing: Testbed with necessary hardware
Parallel work: clarify above assumptions

We'll come up with basic auto modes first. Once these are done, we can add more others later.

* Milestone 4: autononous1
Assumptions: the user interface for selecting auto modes, any motor, sensors and subsystems we may have
Prerequisite for coding: define the different auto modes we will provide. Add Analog Devices source code to source tree.
Deadline for code completion: Fri Feb 10
Prerequisite for testing: Testbed with necessary hardware (this will be a stretch I think). Add Analog Devices gyro hardware.
Parallel work: clarify above assumptions.