• Welcome to Redshift Project Depot.

Actual Scouting

Started by Lucas V, February 13, 2016, 01:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas V

Attached are the planned layouts for the Match Scouting form with a dialog box view (a smaller windows that pops up in the middle of the screen). If you have anything to suggest about the layout please tell me!

Lucas V

Attached are now the planned layouts for the PreScouting form with a dialog box view. If you have anything to suggest about the layout please tell me!

Lucas V

Attached are the descriptions for the items in each form, what they collect and their properties.

If you think there is something else that is crucial and we should scout for, please tell me: I WILL redraw the layouts if it's important :)

Megan K

Going to the meeting today at Tatnucks to discuss scouting things.

Lucas V

Thank you!

Could you post a summary of it later? Thanks!

Megan K

Hey Lucas,

Here are the things the team wants to scout:

ability to climb
obstacles a robot goes over/ how many times
shooting ability

among other things

Also, what's the status on the scouting software? When will I be able to use it and teach others? I think our deadline was either this week or the week before. I should be in Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

Louis L

Lucas - the images you uploaded are REALLY hard to read - they are too large to be useful. If you have content to share, you need to type them.

Re: Saturday's meeting - for each team scouted:
- want to know which defenses they can cross easily
- want to know which defenses they avoid
- which defenses they get stuck on (if any)

So maybe list all 9 defenses and allow a scout to check off "can cross", "avoided", "failed", "got stuck" for each.

Lucas V

I typed the large pics and put them in a doc, attached here. Are the form drawings too hard to see as well?

Megan:

I have a working prototype ready to go. I'll be in today from 4-9 and Thursday and Friday all day. You won't be able to use the main computer we have planned to use at competition: I haven't been able to set it up yet. I don't know if you'll need to be using the Computer Side for training anyway, but if you think you will I might :) need to set up some other PC.

Lou:

I'm starting to think the HP Stream just can't handle some of the software. It might not be MySQL Workbench or Android Studio by themselves, but the SQL Server is running on the background, so the 1.33GH Atom may not be able to handle it with any large programs. I'd need Workbench to query the database manually and Android Studio to reshape the form on the fly if necessary. If I can't get the HP Stream to work properly by Thursday I'll let you know.

Lucas V

Update on the Match Scouting form.

The layout of the final version is attached as a screenshot, and so is an updated description of the items on the form. An overlay dialog with multiple functions is ridiculously inefficient (really slow) and it over complicates things, so I decided to take up a small space left in the table of radio buttons to insert the timing function.

Lucas V

Added the N/A radio buttons. This should be chosen when the defense is not in the field during the current match.

Lucas V

Guess what, new layout for Match Scouting! I found a more space-efficient and padding-friendly way (it looks better). Also, here's the Prescouting form.

Lucas V

Order of things in the files. This is the order in which the forms will be organized in text file format.

Lucas V

** if any field is left empty, a space character will take its place in the text file.

Andy K

Lucas - I have not heard anything from you or Robunto in a couple of weeks. Where is Robunto with the windows program? He has not contacted me. Do you need any help or support?

Megan K

I will look at the team list on Wednesday and start picking out scouts for the competitions.