• Welcome to Redshift Project Depot.

Food, Glorious Food

Started by Louis L, July 19, 2016, 03:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis L

FYI, some tidbits from the main office.

• we can't use the cafe 'cause the mattress fundraiser is using that space
  • so we can use the auditorium lobby or even outside auditorium doors (weather permitting)
  • this could mean that we keep the food simple (pizza, D.Donuts, coffee, cookies, cold drinks, water, etc.)
That said, maybe we can be creative and still fit make it work. Thoughts?

Veronica G

My mother makes these decorative, giant cakes to sell, if anyone is interested. They can get very big, and she's good at molding and designing things. Her cakes can range upwards from $100, depending on size and detail.

I mention cakes because you could include cakes as trophy and award alternatives, cool food table decorations (before they're consumed), a potential party staple, etc.

My mom's Instagram is bakemeacake_maria if anyone wants to look at the few pictures she has.

Besides that, perhaps we could have a separate bake sale there? I remember on the Center Stage Haunted House event last year, they had a bake sale table with pastries that kids or kids' parents made and donated. I have no baking skill whatsoever, but I know a few people on the team who doooo ;)

Shreya C

So this is the stuff we talked about at the past couple meetings regarding food.

• Do not want prepackaged food
  • We may need a food license/permit
  • Need to inform janitorial staff that we'll be serving food so that they'll be there
  • Plates, utensils, etc; have to use disposables
  • Catering food for volunteers?
  • Chartwell might be able to get us food...ask Chuck?
  • Icebuckets are a must for the soda
  • As a last resort: have another team take care of food
  • Breakfast menu:

• Can we get Dunkin Donut donations?
    • Coffee makers?
    • Other things to serve for breakfast? Are we going all out with a continental breakfast?
  • Lunch menu

• Pizzas: must pre-order, make sure they're warm...which pizza place do we choose? And let's branch out from just plain pizzas! Different types of pizza: pepproni, pineapple, etc.
  • Plenty of drinks!

Louis L

Generic reminders:

• Need to get some adult help (parent volunteers)
  • Beware of food allergies

Louis L

After our meeting on 10/16, we decided that while it would be great to offer home-made food (that is also profitable), this is more work than we want to handle at the moment. So we'll fall back to Plan B. As part of the BSB Update email to be sent to teams, we'll tell them that WHP and PapaGinos offer pizza and subs in quantities with 2 hr lead time (for teams to order by themselves if they want) and Chipotle offers Borito boxes with 24 hr notice. We'll also take pizza orders for full pies by 10AM to place a bulk order to WHP (limited to cheese, pep, veg) at a fixed price per pie.

Also Jameel will put together a plan to getting drinks and ice. (collect coolers, get ice, get soda, etc)

Other things we need - plates and napkins (just in case).

Also need a plan for handling breakfast (getting donuts, muffins, coffee, etc). And also need to find out more about serving coffee and hot chocolate.